MAXIMUM POINT KARATE TOURNAMENT


Tyler participated in his first Karate Tournament. He did great. I was a wreck!!! I was so nervous for Tyler. I was worried that he would get discouraged and never want to do it again. I was worried that he would forget his Kata and then not be able to restart and continue. I was worried that....I was worried....I was worried....ALL FOR NOTHING!! He took first place in Kata and third in Sparring (fighting). Ty was really excited to participate. Brad asked if he was nervous like when he plays sports. Tyler's comment was priceless......"WHAT do you have to remember in basketball????" For those who don't know a Kata is a routine of Karate moves (similar to dance w/o music) It last about 2 minutes and is done alone. SO there is no music prompts, just complete memorization. Tyler knows 3 so far and that is a lot for a 7 year old to keep straight. Tyler was the highest ranked belt for his age group. I am so proud of the commitment that he has made to karate and the passion that he has!

No comments: