They say that all good things take time. Well, I am an impatient person by nature and it is something I am here to learn. Two years is a LONG time. But I think I made it. Mid February we were contacted by a birth-mother named Samantha. We emailed back and forth a few weeks getting to know each other. Trying not to get our hopes up as we had been down this road before and had things fizzle, then we exchanged phone numbers. This was a first. I was so nervous for that first phone call. All for nothing. Samantha and I spent an hour on the phone Monday March 8th chatting about EVERYTHING mixed with a little about her pregnancy. We talked another time during the week and then she met with an LDSFS social worker on Friday the 12th. That night I received every adoptive mother's dream text.
I could hardly read it right, had my girlfriend who was with me read it and confirm and then showed Brad. Wow! Since then it has been like getting to know a long lost friend. We have so much in common and similar personalities. She is like one of my girlfriends. There is not that awkwardness that might be associated with adoption. She is excited for us and looking forward to NOT getting up at night with a new baby. She's incredible and I am looking forward to a life long friendship with her. We feel so fortunate to be able to have this opportunity with her. Tyler and Thea's adoptions were very formal and closed as far as building that relationship before the babies were born, so this is new and different territory. Tyler and Thea's adoptions came so fast, so two years has been a long time for us to wait. The kids are so excited for a new baby too. August 12......It seems like so long off.....but it will go by so quickly. Every minute I have to spend with Tyler and Thea is my focus right now. Brad and I are trying to squeeze in more date nights, and I am back stocking as much sleep as I can - not that that is anything new. So lots of fun news to come. Hopefully I will be good on posting all the exciting events that are to come our way the next few months. Baby....YEAHHHHHH...finally!!!!







3 comments:
So excited for you guys! yay! We only know open adoptions. It reaffirms constantly to everyone involved that those babies who are placed, are indeed in the family they are meant to be in, forever. I have an open relationship with the baby boy (not so much baby anymore) I placed 15 years ago and we have a wonderful open relationship with Jesse's birthmom. It's been nice to have all the answers and an immediate source for possible questions. The agreements that we must have made in Heaven . . . good luck, we'll keep you and your sweet birthmom in our prayers!
Oh my goodness!!!! That is so completely exciting. I can't wait to meet Baby Moore!
Congratulations!!!! That's so exciting!! :-)
Post a Comment