This morning after a trip to the Ortho for Ty, gas for the car, QT indulgence for me, Tyler and I tackled the final steps of the focaccia bread. One dough ball had risen a little, the other was still a bit dense and the same size. Guess which was which? My assistant had not kept the saran wrap sealed tight so they were both a little dry. We rolled them, then floured, then rolled again. My assistant enjoyed the rolling and flouring, so I think the dough got more of a work out than necessary. But at this point I was gonna bake this no matter what. It smelled good already and we were having fun together.
Headed to the garden for fresh rosemary and thyme. Tyler: 'Mom, I think it is actually called 'THIGH-MAY'. Mom: 'Uh, nope honey its not.' Tyler: 'Okay mom.'
Topped the bread with sea salt, rosemary, thyme, and olive oil, and sliced red onions. Let rise.......
Bake for 12 minutes.........
Ohhhh, yummy. More of a flat bread, but not cracker-y. Myself, my dear friend Christy, her son Kyle and Tyler all stood around the kitchen and went to town on the salty, savory, delicious bread. .It was a hit. Might not have been as fluffy as it should but it wasn't rubbery or crunchy.
First try....success in my opinion! Not as scared to try again. Here is what it should look like from the cook book.
Had fun with Tyler, he tried new tastes and flavor and I battled against yeast...and won!







No comments:
Post a Comment