Day Four

Your are gonna LOVE this.....
6am, up and hustle. The kids and I have to be in the car at 8am to get into Ontario. So we have two hours to break camp and repack, or should I say recram everything back into the car. Sound like plenty of time? Ugh. Three tents, MOUNDS of dirty clothes, 6 chairs, one stroller, dog, kennel, two air mattresses, four sleeping pads, blankets, pillow, sleeping bags, porta crib, booster/high chair, three coolers, 4 crates of supplies, lantern, 2 dutch ovens.......those are just the big things, not to mention the assorted crap we did not need to bring. Oh well, better safe than sorry. Plus...I was GOING to take a shower before rolling into town. Tyler had to look decent for the flight. Flight you say???? Oh yes, You see, Tyler made the All-Star baseball team. Playoffs were that weekend. So he had an 11am flight from Ontario to Phoenix. We get to the airport, RIGHT ON TIME. Gate agents has to get him all set then special docs for me and the girls to get him through security. No problem, had time to spare. Carl's Jr for some food as they just snacked on the ride in. I kid you not they ate like ravenous wolves. Tatum was shoving food into her mouth, Tyler was actually quiet, Thea ate a kids meal and half of Tatum's breakfast too. At the gate said good by, hugs, kisses, the fleeting moment where you ask yourself...what if I never see him again if the plane goes down, just go buddy before I change my mind.

He's on the plane. The girls and I must wait until the plane is in the air for 10 minutes before we can leave. So we goof around and, talk to Brad who is already at the airport in PHX.

Hmmm, why are two, no three cops, why the cop dog, why are there 4 gate agents here. More cops. Mommy alert kicks in. So I told Thea to keep an eye on Tatum and I get right in the middle.

Uh, excuse me, I have an unaccompanied minor on the plane, what the heck is going on.

Ma'am there has been a security breach, a bomb threat has been called in on this flight everyone must deplane.

Oh....

Tyler is the first one off. Like a magnet to my side. Everyone leaves the plane with no bags, purses, phones, wallets, if it was not on them, it stayed. Our gate area was quarantined, standing room only. Ladies and gentlemen sorry about the inconvenience, Ya think? Please feel free to have some lunch get a drink at the bar. Someone hollers out, all our purses are on the plane, are you paying? Of boy, this is going to be interesting! The area is swarming with . TSA, cops, bomb sniffing dogs, SWA employees. It looked like something out of a movie. While all this is going on Ty starts to go a little pale as his over active imagination goes into play.

Then....they shut down the entire terminal no one in, no one out. Ohhh boy. Could be an hour, could be a several hours. We are allowed to roam the terminal but just not leave. Incoming passengers have to show proof that their destination is Ontario and they can leave. Tears are streaming down Tyler's face at this point, as he tries to be brave and not cry, they just leak over the edge and escape. There is no way I will be able to get him back onto that plane. At this point Brad and I are on and off the phone. He informs PHX SWA what is going on, they don't even know yet. Tyler wont be back in time for the first game.$27 dollars at an in-terminal candy store helps to put smiles on all the kids' face.....Tatum is a mess, but they are all happy!

I head over to the gate, and explain my situation, let them know there is NOW WAY I will be able to get my son back on the plane. Can I get him off the flight.

SWA - Absolutely, I will refund.
ME - Thank you, that is so kind. Here is my credit card!

But we still cannot leave the airport. Gala had by this point made it into Anaheim which was our next destination. She was waiting around with her two kids and the dog (couldn't leave her in the car while we checked Ty in). However the reservation was in my name so she couldn't check in. So while listening with one ear about the airport security, I was on the line with Disney reservations adding her to the list. Ugh! She gets us checked in and then FINALLY the airport is opened up. Tylers' plane is still not ready to be reloaded. It is at the other end of the airport should be ready to board in another hour. Bummer for them.....we are outta there!

3 1/2 hours in the airport. So glad to be in the care and out of the airport. Ridiculous. What are the chances?

Gala had camp set up...whoops not camp! Yeah, hotel ready for us. Valentine was loving the soft floor to snooze on, crib set up for Tatum. Thank you! We unloaded...again. Then to the pool. Boy did everyone enjoy that. A nice chemical clean. 

No comments: