First day of school! Tyler and Thea were up and showered by 7am. They were almost as excited about the day as they are on Christmas morning.
At the end of the day I asked them both to tell us what the BEST and WORST part of school was. Tyler's best: They did a hunt in the classroom for famous explorers in history. Thea's best: she got to color a picture of her name and her family. Tyler's worst: He didn't have enough time to read a book he found in the classroom. Thea's worst: She didn't have an opportunity to paint. Well, if those are the worst things....this is going to be a great year. How cool; that the things that were the WORST were things they wanted to do in the education department. It wasn't a longer recess or too many rules etc. For me it was a quiet day, at one point I was on the phone and felt like my voice was echoing in the house. But it was nice to run in and out of stores and errands so quickly in the 105 degrees + humidity and not be asked...can I have that. So there are positives and negatives.  I am sure I can handle the next 2-3 weeks before baby comes! I will manage!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

It seems so early for the kids to be back in school. We are only half way done with summer here. I'm so happy for you and your family with a new little one on the way. It's probably going to seem like the longest 2-3 weeks ever! :) I hope you are all doing well.