Tatum is doing great, she is adorable and......life is good. 


Now for the journey nuts and bolts: Brad and I were in SF, he at a job interview me sitting at my sisters house working on some family history. Samantha called to tell us about her Dr appt and when I picked up the phone she asked us if we could be there are soon as this weekend  for a scheduled c-section. Not a problem! Then she called back a few minutes later and said if we can get here by tomorrow (Wednesday) they want to do it Thursday. ummmmm. AHHHHH! You bet! We were not even home from SF yet. So my sister watched as my brain frazzled out and I got on the phoe and internet making flights, calls, emailing. Brad was still in his interview and had no idea. Fast forward - We got home from SF Tuesday night tucked the kids into bed and I went back to the airport to get my mom. Who had all of 4 hours notice that she needed to be on a flight.  Good thing she was packed by August 1st, love an organized lady!! Got NO sleep ( well 4 hours). We had to unpack from SF, repack. Already had Tatum all packed thank heavens. Woke up at six to a text from Samantha saying that baby wasn't going to wait and that she was having contraction 5 minutes apart and going to the hospital. CRAP!!! Our flight wasn't until 930am and we had 2 layovers before arriving in New Orleans. All the while exchanging texts: Got the news in Houston that she was born 9lbs, 1oz. Then 1 hour flight to New Orleans where we then had to get the luggage which included:
2 large bags brad
2 large bags me
portable crib
camera bag
1 bag tatum
stroller
car seat
2 carry on's for me
2 carry ons for brad. 
That's A TON of luggage - and NO we left the kitchen sink at home! While at car rental in New Orleans we ran into the friend we stayed with (from FL) when we went to get Thea and here we were again. Small world, crazy coincidence. Drove 1hr 45 minutes straight to hospital in Mississippi! We went right to Samantha's room, she called to have Tatum brought in and Ahhhhhhhh, relief, emotional let down, few tears, but most of all gratitude for what Samantha was doing and that Tatum was healthy.


I couldn't snuggle her enough!




Brad got the honors for the first feeding, I got the diaper! Those first diapers...YUCK! Never had that expereince before.We left about 2 hours later, blood shot eyes, tired, hungry. Ate pretty silently at a restaurant. Then went looking for a hotel....which we finally fell into to sleep like the dead.....Day 1

3 comments:

Jamie said...

You guys must be so TIRED, EXCITED and I'm guessing NERVOUS!!! Congratulations again on Miss Tatum!! ((Hugs)) to you and your new little lady. :)

The Brereton Family! said...

I love it!! We love you guys and can't wait for you to bring her home.

Stacy said...

Hooray!!! Congratulations!