By Tyler Moore
This is the story of the Great Rookie.
Hello, my name is Tyler. I am the pitcher for the Minor League team the Illinois Indians. We have been playing well. We won our last game six to three. And I got a hat signed by the whole team. I hope I get picked by the Major League. The day the players got picked for the Major League I got signed to the Cubs. I was so pumped. I went to practice the next day and I was ready to do well. I said, “Hi” to the coach and we got started. I did awesome at hitting. I wondered if I would get a big chance for smashing the ball. Next, was pitching. I was okay. After the practice I went home. I had a dream that I was the pitcher for the Cubs and we won the World Series. I woke stoked. I can’t wait to see if I get a position.
I got pitcher!
I was filled with joy. I practiced hard. The first game was tomorrow. At the day of the game I was ready to play hard. We were playing against the Giants. I was the first hitter. I got up to bat, ready for the pitch. He threw the ball as fast as fire. I hit the ball hard. SMACK! It went higher ….higher….GONE! I hit a home run! I was very happy.
We played well, and no one on the Giants team hit the ball. We won the game 9 to 0. We are a very good team I told myself. For a long time. But them we lost a game by one. I got many times. My pitching was okay. Now we have to win. I mean if we are going to go to the World Series we were going to play the Red Sox. We had to play our best. At the game the Red Sox hit first. I got up, got my glove, and played my best. I got the first batter out. Next was their best hitter. He was from Columbus, Ohio. He was ready to nail the ball. I was ready to throw heat. I let the ball fly. The next thing I knew I had thrown a strike. I got another player out. No one scored until the end of the game and we won! We are going to the World Series. I was filled with joy. I walked home leaping happily. I went to bed and had a good night sleep.
We played a lot of good teams, but we only lost once. The World Series was coming up. The day of the game made me get butterflies. The Cubs hit first. We hit the ball hard, we scored three runs. We got them out before they scored. We played well. In the last part of the game it was tied. I hit one home run, but it was still tied. They gave us a score. Later it was 2 outs, 2 strikes. They had a chance to win. I was pitching. It was all up to me. I let the ball go. It was a strike. We won the World Series.
The End







No comments:
Post a Comment