Day Three

Oh sweet heaven, a warn night sleep. Pulled Tatum into bed early in the morning as once she had rolled outside of her blankies, my always hot child, got chilled. So we snuggled. This morning...LOTS OF FIRE. Kids were a little warmer also. Today our adventure was at the lake again. After hanging out at camp while the kids played, Tatum napped, and Gala and I made lunch and started dinner, we loaded up to went to to Bear Lake. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. We rented a pontoon boat (yeah, yeah, roll your eyes, granny boat). It was perfect with three smaller kids, infant, dog, tolerant teenager, and two chicks who know nothing about driving a boat! Started out for the rock jumping area, took 3-4 times to get the boat close enough so the kids could swim to the rocks without getting hypothermia from the cold water. Ty pushed in Jacob, who may or may not have gotten into the frigid water, so Ty then jumped in. Brrrr. They swam to the rocks climbed around jumped in then swam back. Ty about drowned WITH his life jacket on because it wasn't on tight enough, so it was up around his ears. Thea danced around the idea of  jumping in, but in the end chickened out, due to the boys comments of cold. Valentine barked at all the ducks and tried to climb out the back of the boat where Jacob went to grab Valentine and was snarled and growled at. I think Valentine was scared he was going to force her in. Jacob is DONE with the dog...don't blame him! Tatum climbed around trying to escape and whining about her life jacket. Jessie, sat with her his legs in the water because she has a cast on. I think she liked the fact that she couldn't get into the cold water, I know I did!






































   Next, we headed to an area where we could get right up close to the rocks and the kids could climb around...funny thing as we were pulling away from the rock jumping......All of a sudden people started yelling at us. Huh?!? Oh.....the propeller is up...turn off the motor you say? Neutral? Ohhhh, thanks! You've gotta love a rental boat! So the kids climbed a bit then the fishing poles were brought out and Ty and Thea were taught to cast. Once the became adept we moved to the 'good' fishing area our camping neighbor told us about, Windy Point. We got set up, attached hooks, cast...BAM Tyler caught one. Rainbow Trout. Seriously, that fast! Incredible. He was so excited the girls were screaming, then the girls REALLY started screaming because Ty grabbed the fishing line, was holding the fish in the boat, as it is flinging blood all over. ALL OVER. Ummm, boat cleaning fee? It all happened so fast Gala nor Jacob could get there fast enough to get the fish so we could release it.So, fish for dinner. He was so proud of himself! Jessie and Thea had a squeamish girl bonding moment. The dog, well she was right there checking it all out. Me you ask???.....Umm,  I was taking care of Tatum. Thank you Gala for teaching my kids how to fish.  No I don't want to touch it Tyler, but great job!
Back to camp, tired, a little sun burnt, lots of fun. Right away Ty had to take care of his fish, the girls squealed, I videoed, Gala taught. YUCK! He scaled the fish, sliced it open, then had to dig out the guts..barf. he was gagging. I though I recorded it on my phone, but its not there. Bummer, because I am not sure he will ever do it again. Thank heavens for Costco and prepackaged frozen fish! Oh and Sushi!!

Dinner was yummy. Food is always better when eaten outdoors, especially when I have no care if the  kids s[ill on the floor. Tyler DID NOT like his trout...too fishey. I thought so too, but then again, I like my fish raw, so who am I to judge. But it was really fishy. But he followed the whole process though from start to finish. Ty cannot wait to tell his Grandpa Jerry. Ty also wants Grandpa to teach him the catch and release method as the has NO desire to eat the fish he catches.

Although we had lots of wood for our campfire, the kids opted for sleep. They are actually ASKED to go to bed. Gala and I stayed up and started to organize everything to leave camp tomorrow morning early. We were too tired to enjoy the fire and stars also.

No comments: