Ahhhhhh. She started puttering around camp to create the incredible food she makes in a dutch oven.
615 ty, the dog, and I got in a warm car, with the heater blasting in search of fire wood. Of course nothing is open. We happened to drive by a house with firewood for sale on the honor system. Truly tempted my honor as I wanted the whole freaking thing. But as i needed to be an example to my son, I took what I had cash for....three bucks for one bundle. First thing on the agenda today. ....get Cash for more firewood.
Back to camp. FIRE!!! Ahhhhh. Yummy breakfast, sun is up.......now it is too hot. This is pathetic. Trying to be up beat. Clean up breakfast, get dressed, tatum down for a much needed nap. The kids play card games in their tent. Laughing telling jokes and just having the most fun.
Load up lunch head for the lake for a beach day. But we need ice which takes us to the grocery store. Of course I volunteer to get it.....were I grab myself a godzilla sized diet coke. The bear is out of hibernation now. Also....$40 for firewood.
The lake....perfect. Sandy area. The annoying shade structure (story for another time). Lunch. The water was a balmy 68 degrees..yikes....took the kids a little time to get into, but they made it all the way in. Tatum stayed on the edge playing in the sand. Which got into every area.....EVERY...area of her body. At one point she drank the water. That was the only thing that freaked me out. Lake bacterial, I can handle dirt, wood, leaves, rocks. Well, after the first gulp, watcha gonna do? Have at it Tatum.
Gala and I tag teamed watching tatum and being dragged around by Valentine. At one point we tried to let her be social with another dog. Which resulted in ME up to my top thighs in the INTENSLY FRIGID WATER. Wowza. But she had her turn of playing.
Back to camp and prep dinner. Oh on the way to camp I bought A TON OF FIREWOOD, heehee. Gala just rolled her eyes. Boys chopped wood, girls took walks, more card games, set annoying sun shade back up. Hot shower, I think I was in there for 20 minutes, ahhhh. Dinner, dishes. Tatum took a bath in a bucket on the picnic table and loved ever second. Campfire, yeah, smores, then the kids retreated to their tent. Gala and I had some sister bonding time under the stars, until I almost fell into my beloved fire with exhaustion.
Side note: pjs tonight consisted of....
Thea: pants with liners, fleece jammy bottoms. Two waffle long sleeves, fleece tops, knee high socks.
Tyler: shorts, lined athletic pants, tshirt, two waffl long sleeves shirts, sweatshirt, ski socks.
Tatum: onsie, socks, cotton sleeper, fleece sleeper, pants.
Valentine: had to move her kennel to the car, inside a tent wasnt enough.
If that doesn't help tonight......we are going to the best western.
Here's to hoping for a good night sleep.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8







No comments:
Post a Comment