Tyler has always been well beyond his years, in both his size and mentality. The earthquake in Haiti has continued to widen his world awareness. Tonight as I was watching the news and Tyler joined me. He kept just getting so frustrated and almost annoyed that there was so much suffering. I think he was having a rough time imagining 1.4 million water bottles being distributed and how that could not be enough, or how there were planes and ships that could not get the needed aid to the people. How it was not possible to just take the injured or orphaned children out of the country. He kept saying they should just bring supplies to the Dominican Republic and cross land to get it there. We pulled up a world map and he pointed out the route that they could take, but I had to keep reminding him that this is a country without enough police officers, hospitals, government that could get together to aid all the people. Its a lot for a young mind to wrap around. He kept wandering in and out of the room trying to offer solutions. Wanting to give all his money to organizations. I pointed out that he can donate to our church and they will get the money or approprate supplies to the Haitians and also his school has sent home a list of things to bring in that will then be sent onto Haiti. He told me in a very authoritative 8 year old voice, that I better be ready to do some shopping tomorrow to get supplies. Someday I believe that Tyler will become one of the 'Doctors without Borders' as a result of his young awareness and compassion that he always shows for those in need. He truly is an example to me.
Then he asked me what politics were....ummmm, time to brush your teeth and get ready for bed, that's your dads department!
Then he asked me what politics were....ummmm, time to brush your teeth and get ready for bed, that's your dads department!







No comments:
Post a Comment